Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Sister's Sanctuary



Usually, I can't wait for the weekends so that I can work on whatever furniture is waiting to be painted. On a typical Saturday, I sit with my coffee alternately watching my puppy and the birds having breakfast, then hit the garage sales/flea markets, and come home to work on whatever piece is waiting in line.

This weekend, however, I had been to a garage sale in my sister's neighborhood, and decided to stop by. I've been wanting to photograph her garden and deck for ages, and this time I had my camera. None of my furniture got painted this Saturday, because once I sat down, I didn't leave for quite some time. Here's why:













The best thing about my sister's deck is the hummingbirds....there's dozens of them! They are so used to my sister and her husband, that they typically fly right in front of their faces, and chatter to them. I'm just not quick enough...I couldn't get any pictures. However, they have multiple birds and other wildlife...check out this woodpecker!



My sister put out some peanuts to coax out the chipmunks...




So...can you blame me for not getting to work painting??

What did you do this weekend?

Mona Kay

7 comments:

  1. I can totally see why you became distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has a beautiful yard! I'd like to send her some of my chipmunks since she seems to like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know!! And somehow she's trained her dogs to chase the squirrels but not the chipmunks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the whimsical touches!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mona, What a beautiful yard! I dream of a yard like that. I love the woodpecker!

    I know I would be distracted too!

    I wanted to let you know I have moved my blog to here: http://southerngrace-blog.blogspot.com/

    Maybe I will stay put now lol

    Have a great Holiday week-end!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Oh I used to be French Laundry 132)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous yard!!! Love the statues, especially the pleurant. I have a bunch of statues we got from Design Toscano, we have a huge dragon on the top of our garage...but i dont think our neighbors appreciate it lol

    ReplyDelete