Sunday, September 18, 2011

True work in progress



I am not an interior decorator...no kidding!! I read the beautiful blogs of blog land, and I am inspired on a regular basis...and I have so much fun using my home as my personal styling lab! I get such a kick out of going back and looking at old photos when I had items that I loved, and was trying to use them to get the look I wanted. I'm getting close - but I have fun thinking what my rooms will look like next year...when the current pictures will be the "befores"! I thought you'd like to see the evolution, so here is my front room when I just began using flea market finds and refurbished items to decorate:









These are some picture I submitted to a contest held by Romantic Homes Magazine...I did not win :) but I had fun staging and working on the room...










...And here's what the room looks like today (next year's "before"):












My dog Sydney is usually very camera-shy, and runs whenever I try to take her picture. However, let me try to take some styling pictures, and she wants to be part of the action! Go figure...

Do your "befores" make you smile?



Have a great week!!

9 comments:

  1. Sydney looks so lady-like with her paws crossed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My befores make me realize how much my style has grown, but I don't have many because I only just moved here one year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, you have such an amazing pieces...and that french chair in the back is so lovely
    visiting from frnch country cottage
    Rasha @ mychampagnetaste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mona Kay!
    Wow! That console table! AMAZING! Your front room is filled with Romantic Style! Thank you for sharing!

    Were you able to select something nice from Arcadian Lighting?

    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Sydney looks like she's posing for a photo.

    That was fun to see the evolution of your room. It looks really lovely. You've collected some amazingly beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, how we tend to swap out things we love for things we find that we love even more! I really admire your cool whites in your interior design plan. It is a scheme I am shifting towards, but am not there yet... and by the time I get there, it will be shifting to something new again as I repaint every year anyway. Your front room is dreamy! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful room~the changes are wonderful! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room looks beautiful. Its so much fun to look back and see how things have changed.

    ReplyDelete