Friday, August 5, 2011

Ruffle Love

Don't you just love blog-surfing?? I do..all the talent inspires me. For some reason this week, I alternated between blog-hopping and Etsy window shopping, and I found myself with a serious craving for ruffles!! If it wasn't the ruffled laundry bags from Freckled Laundry's Jami, and her gorgeous new hallway, it was Raggygirl and her yummy burlap and ruffle table runners...I bought this one.

Ironically, at the same time, I found myself looking for a bag to keep my portfolio in so it won't get messed up...and I remembered...I (sorta) know how to use a sewing machine...and I own one! Here's what I threw together...hardly any finished ends, but it's just for me, and I was impatient. Besides, I tell myself I like the rough, unfinished look ;)





Yep, it's a pillow case. A Rachel Ashwell pillow case!!















Sorry some of the pictures are so dark...did I mention that I'm impatient?? I didn't feel like waiting until the weekend when I could work during daylight...sometimes after my day job I decide to start a project IMMEDIATELY!! ....which usually means at around 7:30-8pm, when everything else is finally done :)


So....how'd I do??

What have you been in love with this week??


I am linking to:
freckled laundry

....and


See you there!!

4 comments:

  1. So cute and ruffley Mona Kay, you did a great job! I need to make one of those!! Thanks for the shout out on my burlap and ruffles runner, I'm so glad you loved it:-)
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did very well! I love it. I need it to hang from my chalkboard door handle. Hehe Thank you so much for the mention and for linking, Mona Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH I need a bag like that! You did great. By the time I finally get around to making one the trend will be over...shoot I'll make one anyway LOL. lOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mona Kay ~ I just love it!!
    You sound like me .... I am kind of
    impatient when I want to work on something
    and then photograph it :)

    ReplyDelete